Sunday, January 30, 2011

Second half of January

This is our Camellia bush.
There are hundreds of blossoms!!

Isn't it a beautiful flower?

A new blossom just coming out.

I took this picture to show you the garden around the tree
as well as the green in the trees across the street.

A little surprise visitor.
This is on the ceiling in my bathroom.
I was a little surprised to see him there but I'm getting used to them a little.
They say they eat bugs that are in the house so I let them be.

You can see that this one is a baby.

I enlarged him so you could see him WELL!!

This must be a warehouse of some sort 
but the building on a building is something I've never seen.
There are people going up into the little house on top.

These are parasites on the electrical wires.
They live in the trees too.
It looks like eating the live wires gives them a bad hair day.
They can kill the trees.

Sandhill Cranes
We came around the corner to a group of at least 60 of them.
We usually only see 2 or 4 of them at a time.

When I got out of the car to take a picture they all took off in flight.
It was quite a sight and they went 'honking' all the way.

I love them.  They are beautiful.
We also have some video of them.  
I don't know how to put a video on the blog.

This is a cedar tree.
Can you believe the size of this?

This is for those of you who don't know what Manatees look like.

Another shot of the Camellia bush.
I love it!!!

Michael, don't you love this blossom?

Some interesting colors for houses.
This is in between pink and lavender.

There are green houses much brighter than this one.

The combinations of color and decor is interesting.

This is a neighborhood where all the houses have swimming pools in the back yard.
They must be screened in.

This is a gem!  
Here we have home, an RV and a yard pool.
Who could ask for more?
It is a nice car though.

From the other side the house is almost all yellow with green trim.
Not so many windows on that side.

Can you see the orange on this little home?

Such beautiful big trees here.
they have to trim them for the traffic to go beneath them.

Another orange house.

This little church with colorful bricks.

This is a very nice motorhome park.  
The landscaping is beautiful in this park.

Dad took this picture in early morning with the fog and the sunrise.
It is looking out over the lake.

One morning we had frost on a spider webs.
Pretty neat!!

Enjoy the pictures.  There will be more to come.
I need to keep my camera with me all the time so I can show you all the different things here.
It's fun!!!

We love you all!!  Prepare to serve a mission!!!  You won't regret it!!!!!!

4 comments:

Emily said...

if you pay attention, you will see your baby gecko grow. i used to think we had new geckos all the time, but then this one that we made lose it's tail, kept getting bigger and bigger and i figured it out.

Anonymous said...

That's disgusting, Em, how did you make it lose it's tail?

Sheryl Newton said...

Loved the pictures but I think you have your bugs confused. The green bug looks more like a Katydid. I can't be sure but I'm pretty sure it's not a praying mantis. Strange bug regardless. xo

Glenda and Neil said...

Thanks Sheryl. I didn't know what it was and the fellow we were with told me it was a Praying Mantis. I've never seen a Katydid. Now I have. haha Thanks.