This is Elder Johnson, an AP
They put this great photo on Sister Mott's computer. Sister Mott is the mission secretary.
He had taken something and had an allergic reaction. Do you think?
Sister Mott couldn't take it for long, it soon came down.
This is a bridge that goes over the harbour in Tampa.
It is quite spectacular.
You can get quite a view from the top which is hard to do in Florida.
A pelican in flight.
He is flying over the ocean looking for a bit to eat.
It looks rather pre-historic doesn't it? He's a great fisherman though.
They dive bomb their prey and they never miss.
He's got one now.
They come up with their prey and throw it up,
catch it in their beak and their throats bulge way out as they swallow it down.
Here we all are looking out to sea.
We've come to love the birds here.
Sister & President Summerhays, Sister Mott, Sister Draper, Elder Mott and Elder Knight
Another view of this beautiful bridge.
President & Sister Summerhays are in the back.
This is the mission van and Elder & Sister Draper are in the front.
Do we look happy to be here? We are!!
Here we are on the way down the other side of that bridge.
It is such a beautiful day and we had so much fun with everyone.
Driving along I spotted a flamingo. It's the pink bird.
Sorry it isn't very clear but I had to take it fast.
It's not often you see a pink bird in the wild.
It's really odd to see one flying overhead but we've seen that too!!!
The color of the water is great!!
What a nice shoreline. Beautiful homes.
I don't know what this building is but I suspect it's a hotel on the coast.
I just thought it was beautiful.
I love kites and kite flying.
They sure have beautiful kites here and it's an art to fly them.
There are 2 kites in this photo.
Another kite at the same beach.
We are on our way to eat at Bubba Gump's Shrimp Company.
Everything is about Forrest Gump. So fun.
I like the boats.
Outside the restaurant we find lots of Pelicans!!!
They are BIG birds!
There are a couple of men cutting and filleting fish for the restaurant.
They throw the scraps to the pelicans and they are in heaven.
These three are waiting for the scraps thrown up high.
They'll catch them mid-air too.
They seem to be very hungry.
They fight over the fish sometimes having six pelicans all holding on to the same fish scrap.
Sometimes they fly up to catch the piece being thrown over.
Inside Bubba Gump's Shrimp Co.
I thought Jordan would love the pillars covered with license plates.
Here we all are sitting down for dinner. We're having a great time!!!
This portion of the bridge right outside the restaurant is opening for boats to go through underneath.
Some boats are just too high so the road opens up.
Here I am in Bubba's shoes.
See the box of chocolates on the side of the bench?
Elder Draper's feet don't quite fit into Bubba's runners .... oops, sneakers.
Pelicans sunning themselves. It is a beautiful day!!
This is Patricia Fawcett with Elder Prince.
She is a precious daughter of God!
She is so sweet and so excited to be baptized.
Elder Prince is an amazing missionary. We love him!!
Our back yard with some blossoms.
More lilies in the back garden.
We had tons of them.
Elder Draper takes pictures of me practising the organ.
This is for Jordan too. Have we almost seen all of the states now?
This is a creek. Sometimes you can see water but mostly this is the sight you get.
You'd hardly guess it was water.
Some of the swamp water in the trees look like this.
It's hard to tell it's a swamp because there is no water to be seen.
Elder Draper standing in front of the house. These bushes are beautiful!!
More lilies in back.
This is actually Elder & Sister Mott's office.
Every time they leave the office the AP's use it because it is a nicer office than theirs.
Elder Mott came in and just decided to change the names on the door. After all.......
Elder Zed (Zylstra) looks so pleased with himself.
This is the real Elder Johnson without his lips swollen from his allergic reaction.
They are fun Elders!!
This poor little frog didn't make it when the door got shut.
Sister Driggers had a fit when I took the picture.
She wants everyone to know that she really does clean her house..... and,
I'll swear to it. She DOES!!!!
Sister Draper in front of the house. I match the bush today.
We've still got more pictures to post to catch up. See you soon. With love from the Drapers!!!
2 comments:
Nice frog!! We did that to a gecko in our apartment, but didn't realize it until a very foul smell started spreading and we had to hunt down the source. nasty!!!! mom, i didn't read the caption on the forrest gump's shoes and i thought they were yours and i was horrified!! i was like "oh my gosh, mom has lost it, what is she thinking???" then i saw dad's shoe picture and knew he would never wear something like that and then i read the caption. haha!! looks like a fun outing, glad you guys are able to see more of florida!
I, too, was horrified by mom's shoes. I wondered what on earth you had on. I had to enlarge the picture to get a better look, than I realized they must not be fore real. At least I hoped that was the case. I was relieved, like Emily, to see Dad wearing them in the next shot, and knew then it was just a joke. Phew!
That picture with the pelicans all crammed together like sardines to catch fish scraps is insane. It's a wonder they can even move around. I'd like to see video footage of that.
P.S. I'm very jealous of your beautiful weather!
Post a Comment