Saturday, December 11, 2010

Our Home in Haines City, Florida

This is our little Christmas corner.
The little heart hanging down the lowest is filled with sand and small sea shells.
The tag says:
"When you hang this on your tree,
Remember the one who walked the shores of Galilee."
The sand dollars were given to us at a Multi-Zone Christmas Conference.
The Christmas card with Simeon holding the Baby Jesus is from the First Presidency.
We feel very honoured to have received that.

This is our living room.
It is a really bright little room but we hardly ever have a chance to sit in it.
There is no time to sit around while you're on a mission.

This is the living room from the other corner.
We don't watch TV but we have two of them.
They don't have DVD machines in them so we can't even watch church DVDs.
Those are our supplies on the shelves and also my music.

This desk sits across from the dining room table.
It's perfect for our computer.

This is our sun room. All these windows open up to screens.
It will be great in the summer if there is a breeze.
We have them open quite a bit right now.
You can't see it here but a little more to the right is where the lake is.
We have a huge yard - 5 acres filled with citrus fruits and other fruits too.

We eat on this table for most of our meals. This is also where we study.
Note that those grapefruits are on dinner plates. They are so good!!!

This is the master bedroom. It has a cute chenille bedspread.
It nice and bright too.
The little door goes into a small walk-in closet.

This is the master bathroom.
It's small but it works.
There is a little shower in this room too.

This is the main bathroom.
The bathtub behind the door has a shower in it too.

This is our guest room.
If you come to visit this will be your room!!
We can push the beds together if you want to.
There is also a large closet in this room.
I've claimed it!!!

There are nice dressers in both bedrooms so we are quite comfortable here.

The Dining Room
The desk is on the left and the table on the right.
We are standing in the kitchen to take this picture and it goes right down into the sun room.
The living room is off to the right just down before entering the sun room.
You turn left just before the desk to enter the bedrooms.

This cupboard is on the kitchen wall end of the dining room.

We are standing at the doorway to the living room looking into the sun room.

This picture is taken from the sun room looking down the other way.
The kitchen is at the end of the house with a bright window at the end.
We have lots of windows to let the light in.
The doorway on the left is the way to the bedrooms.

Another picture looking into the living room.
This is taken from the door of the sun room.

This is a project in progress on the fridge.
I need some more pictures of your children.
I don't have up-to-date pictures of some of the children.
Send me lots of pictures!!!
The pictures Dad took just before we left are not very good.

This is from standing in the doorway - The Kitchen.

Kind of a cool stove, eh?
I like this kitchen. I don't have to take a lot of steps!

A close-up of the little cupboard in the dining room.
This is one of the pictures I made from Mom's funeral flowers.
The other little ornament is a gift from a grand-daughter.
I think of you Aubrey when I see it.
Just like I think of Taelor & Nena when I use their crocheted cloths I use for hot pads.

She even looks a little like you, Aubrey, with long blonde hair.
I have such thoughtful grandchildren!!! Thanks to you all!!!

Well, that's our home away from home.
We feel very blessed to have it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cute house! Hopefully some of us will be able to see it in person someday!

Emily said...

That is such a nice place, it makes me want to come visit!! Looks perfect for you guys!