Sunday, January 30, 2011
Baptism
We had our first baptism in our ward since we've been here. A young 9 year old boy was baptized. He was beaming. It was so wonderful to see the support he was getting from the ward. One of the deacons came up to him after and said, "Good going buddy!" He put his arm around the young boy and invited him over to his house. It was nice to see. His grandfather who isn't very active came to the baptism. His grandmother wanted to be there too but she has cancer and is not doing too well. His less-active mother was pleased. She has some things to do in her life too and I think she'll start changing things now. I think of my Mom being baptized at 11 years of age and know that this young man can make a big difference in his families lives. I played the piano for the baptism and Elder Draper and I gave the prayers. What a wonderful day!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
That's exciting!! What a strong little boy! Good for him! I think of Dad too, going to primary by himself!
That's exciting. And those blossoms on your Camellia bush are gorgeous!
Congratulations.
Post a Comment