Sunday, February 13, 2011

Spring Has Sprung - Isn't it February???


Lemons!???!!!!

These ARE healthy and not deformed.
Brother King says they are for and cooking and not for lemonade.
Elder Draper tried the lemonade..... Brother King WAS right.  
Not for lemonade!!!

Elder Draper squeezed this orange juice from these oranges.
We blend three or four different varieties of oranges and it IS heavenly!!!
We can easily drink this in a day!

How is this for bright?

The brightness of this house doesn't show very well. 
It was raining.

These are vines that grow around the bushes.  
No growth on the vines yet.

This vine has grown up a tree.

SPRING!!  Isn't that beautiful?

Our Camellia trees.  
We love the carpet of petals!
Still lots of flowers coming.

                                                
New growth on the bushes outside our house.

Camellia blossoms
Can't get enough of these!!

Spring across the street at Brother King's house.
Note his geraniums in the hanging planters.
The poinsettia is real too.

This is a white Camellia blossom & a little bee having the time of his life.

A brand new rose at Brother King's house.

This is a Flaming Vine.
It climbs up the oak trees.
This is about 25 - 30 feet off the ground.
They are spectacular.
I'll try to get one that is better than this.

I can't remember the name of this tree.
The yellow blossoms appear before any leaves come out.

This looks more like June than February to us.

I wonder if you'll get to drink any of this juice.
We see tons of these trucks.

This is Bishop Waters place.... estate.
It has a 17,000 sq. ft. house on 8 acres on a lakeside.


He's the bishop of the Winter Haven Ward.
Our Zone Leaders are in this ward.  
We're trying to get them to have a Zone meeting here so we can have a tour.
The Bishop and his wife live here.  They are home builders.
It is for sale.  Any takers??
He was asking $8 million before the crash.
You can probably get it for half price.

There is no zoning in Florida.
This house is across the street from Bishop Waters' home.
It looks MUCH better in this picture than with your eye.

Here's our little home in paradise!!!!

My goodness!!

What are they doing?

Is it a camp-out??

Yikes!

Brother King says, "It's not a big deal!"

Male Cardinal

Female Cardinal, his mate.

Mourning Dove
                                  
Puzzle time:  What is it?  
At least six people must guess before I'll tell you!

Ooooh Yum  Bar-B-Q!!!!!!

The King's were excited to take us here to eat.
They come here for birthdays and anniversaries!
We, on the other hand, weren't too sure about it.
'Do we have to go in?'

No Credit or Debit and certainly No Refunds!!!

This is inside and it looks 100 times better than in person.
The floors are covered in sand.  They used to be dirt floors.
Now it's beat-up concrete.
The tables get varnished every season.
They work from Thursday to Saturday 11 am to 9 pm.

There is a real oak wood fire under here.
It might not look like anything but we'll take you here when you come.
It was delicious!!!!

Lacy at the park with her grandson.  
She's enjoying the day in the fresh air.

Lacy and Cory

The sky continues to be beautiful.
The clouds are so interesting because they are so different in different parts of the sky.

Another flaming sunset.

That takes one big paint brush to get that sweep across the sky.

Can you believe the colours?

Leave your answers to our questions in the comment box.
Also leave any questions there.

9 comments:

Elizabeth said...

You have poison stuff at our house? What is it??

THat other picture I have no idea what it is. My guess is a blanket with a really cool design.

Becky CTR said...

I can't even look at the picture long enough to make a guess…IT HURTS MY EYES! I will have my kids give me a guess.

Taelor thinks it's a maze.

Okay, I think it's the black paper that they wrap houses in when they are being built - and it just has this crazy white stuff on the outside.

Anonymous said...

i'll say a bedspread, but I haven't got any clue.

Emily said...

First of all, those lemons look nasty! I don't know if I would be willing to try them. Look diseased! Secondly, the flowers are beautiful! It's no fair that you haven't even had a real winter, yet you're now moving on to spring!! We're still cold and snowy here! Although, we have had our fair share of chinooks, so I guess I can't complain too badly! Thirdly, what happened to your house? You didn't explain that very well. Was it a bug infestation? Or actual poison or mold or something? Did you have to stay at a hotel for a few days? How long does it take to fix problems like that? Fourth, as to what I think the black and white design is....not a clue??? Scrap book paper? Haha, I know it's not going to be something like that otherwise why would you have posted it? I think Becky's answer sounds right, maybe it was on the backside of the black stuff they wrapped your house in.

mldraper said...

I am going to disagree with Becky and Emily, it is not building wrap. I think that it is an upholstery fabric.

mldraper said...

I don't know... deadly poison and bubbling lemons don't sound like a good mix to me!!!

Anonymous said...

Looks like some kind of Frank Lloyd Wright design for fence or wall covering...hey Neil, I thought you're being a missionary, what's with your jeans! As for the sunsets - awesome. happy working! You're awesome
Trilla

Glenda and Neil said...

It's P-day so Elder Draper can wear jeans. I'll take a picture a little further back so you can see what the black and white picture really is. It will be on the next blog. Love you all!!

Jonathan said...

It's a couch