These are ALL oranges. The red ones are delicious.
The orange ones are very sweet.
The yellow ones are good too. We use them in juicing.
The water here is so rusty in many places.
The marks on the house are from the garden hose watering.
Isn't that amazing?
This is at the same house.
The fence has been watered as well as the other posts there.
Here you go Jordan.
This house is right beside the elders old apartment.
They moved this week to a new apartment.... brand new!!
Little goats on the side of the road.
They are so cute!!
There are quite a few cacti here.
Not as many as in Arizona.
Some fun colors!
This bush is covered with flaming vine.
Pretty pink flowers are along a lot of hedges.
This tree is covered tightly with vines.
I'm going to watch and see if it gets leaves this year.
The leave are starting to come now.
Another fun house.
Here is a good picture of an orange grove.
This is very well taken care of.
Of course these oranges are all picked.
Pictures with the vines covering the undergrowth.
I was looking for alligators in this little pond.
It's kind of marshy at the edge.
We see quite a few horses down here.
This is an osprey nest.
Can you see her sitting on the nest up there?
She'll sit there forever until the birds are hatched when the father brings food to the nest.
This was a Tarpon Springs.
There are tons of pelican here waiting to be feed.
There is a sea food shop right along here.
They are waiting for the scraps to be dumped into the water.
Isn't this a beautiful home along the edge of the water.
Pelican in the water.
I like the way they put their beaks right down on their necks.
This osprey comes here every year for the past five years.
At the end of the season the nest is destroyed but she builds a new one every spring for her next babies.
We took this so you can see how the nest is built better.
They use quite big pieces of wood.
Another beautiful home along the water's edge.
They have a beautiful boat too!!!
THis was a funny boat that went speeding by.
They must have built the chair up themselves.
COOL!!!
Now this is what I call 'therapy'.
These are those birds that have to sun their wings feathers until they are dry before they can fly again.
An Anhinga bird
Sister Mott and I are gathering sea shells.
The best ones are just out in the water a little.
I decided to get my shoes wet!!
She went barefoot and got her feet cut on the broken shells.
Heading back to the boat.
Our bags are full though.
Sister Summerhays is on the phone.
Elder Chambers is carrying his shoes with the shades on.
Elder Leavitt is sitting with his arms folded on his lap.
Sister Mott is in the foreground holding her camera.
We passed this tiny island. There is a man on it and tons of birds.
We have a dolphin travelling with us.
At the docks the pelicans are just waiting for dinner.
More pelicans.
The one lying down with his back to us
but his head is laying on his back so his face is pointing towards us.
He's just on the left side of the two posts together.
The fish for sponges here.
There are lots of them for sale around town.
I'm holding one of my shells here.
Elder & Sister Tuft are coming along.
She's in white and has the black purse over her shoulder
and he's right behind her.
Dinner at a Greek Restaurant
From left to right around the table:
Leavitts, Knights (can't see them well), me,
President and Sister Summerhays across from me,
Tufts, Chambers (They have gone home now. This was their send-off.)
Sister Mott has her back to us. Elder Mott isn't well today.
Elder Draper got a shot of me going into this little shop.
I didn't buy anything!!!
This is the moon just coming up.
It is the orange ball just under one of the street lights down on the left.
It didn't take long for it to lose its orange color.
I liked this one. The moon just over the tree tops.
This is the sun setting the next day.
The orange color didn't show up very well.
It really was a deep orange color.
An osprey caught this fish in the lake behind Brother King's house.
Then he dropped it in his front yard.
We could see the punctures the talons left on the fish.
These flowers are coming out before the leaves show up.
They are all over and they are so bright and beautiful.
I was out in the car ready to go for the day's work.
I guess I should wear shoes!!!
These would be more comfortable though.
A little lizard on the wall.
I love the different signs they have here.
This is an Orchid tree.
Isn't it gorgeous?
Tomorrow we are having a Ward Chili Cook-off. We have some friends coming to it and we're excited for the event. All the men are making chili. It will be judged. The women are taking salads and desserts. I've made a Chocolate 4-Layer Dessert.
The weather is getting warmer here now. It's not too hot though, just about 30 C. I know that's better than your weather but I can feel that it is going to be a difficult summer for me. My hair is one of my big concerns. They do have hairspray here that is to block the humidity. We'll see.
The orange blossoms have started coming out and we smell them for the first time last night. My goodness, it is wonderful. When I step out of the house it is overwhelming and a welcomed smell. I wonder how long this will last. I hope it's a great long time!! It just fills the air. It's hard to go somewhere where you can't smell it. Ahh, the beauties of the earth!!! I'm grateful for all these creations!





1 comment:
WOW...I can't believe that their water rust everything up. So gross!
How fun for the Dolphin to swimm right by your boat. I wish so bad that I could swim with them again. They are such cute animals!
You guys never told us about that black and white picture puzzle thing? What is it?
Post a Comment