Saturday, March 26, 2011

At the Organ

This is the organ I played my Recital on.  
Almost exactly like my organ at home in Calgary.
This was not recital day.

He took these pictures for Sister Hopkins 
with the thought that these might have been posted in the newspaper.

The recital was a success with 112 in attendance and about 40 of those were non-members or less-active members.  It was a good evening in all.  The spirit was so strong.  I played some classical organ and then played some hymn arrangements on the organ and some on the piano too.  As I introduced each one of the hymns, I told a little of their story and added a scripture about our doctrine that went with the hymn.  We put the words to the hymns in the program so that our guests could read the words as I played.  Before I played Joseph Smith's First Prayer we had one of the missionaries here who has really impressed both Elder Draper and me, recite the first vision story in Joseph's own words.  It was a highlight for the evening.  He did such a fabulous job.  He looked people in the eyes as he spoke and was really led by the spirit. There were many tears shed.  Elder J. Nemelka is his name and we love this missionary!!  His mother would be so proud of him.
 Elder Draper wants to post a little video but can't yet figure out how to do it.

1 comment:

Diane said...

I wish I could have been there. It sounds like it was a very touching performance. What a great idea to recite the first vision. You are so talented Glenda. xo Sheryl