Hi everyone! We are still loving our mission so much. We are having a great time working with the young elders in our ward. They are so hardworking and are receiving blessings for their faithfulness and obedience. We are a 'Preach My Gospel' mission. We're all ready and studying it together right now and it's fun to see all the new things that you find each time you read. It's like scripture to us. We've been working with the elders in teaching a couple of women in our area. They live in a half-way house and are the sweetest people you could find. Their spirits are soaking in every principle we teach. Yesterday Patricia (19 years old) was baptized and confirmed today in Sacrament meeting. I can really see the wisdom in waiting for the confirmation to be done on a day or so after the baptism. She got such a wonderful welcome from the members of the ward today. Her friend, Robyn (about 40 years old) told us after Relief Society today that she wanted to be baptized next Saturday so we are looking forward to that. The Lord loves us all and I can see these two women will be strong forever as the ward helps them with rides to activities. Each time we go to meet with them they are out sitting on their front step just waiting for us with big smiles on their faces. I love the sweetness about them and the trust in their eyes. We have been so blessed in finding these darling sisters!!
Elder Draper and I were able to attend a meeting with all the Zone Leaders in the Mission on Friday. What a blessing it is to spend time with these fine young men. They are so zealous to achieve goals and to fulfill our purpose for being here. Where else could you find such a gathering of such young men who love the Lord are are willing to serve with ALL their hearts, might, mind and strength? We are truly blessed to be in their presence! Our Mission President is fabulous. He has such love in his heart for us all!! I love him! You should check out his profile on mormon.org. His name is Bruce Summerhays. The church came and did a special interview and video of him for this purpose. It's great! He is a giant of a man and his sweet wife is so attentive to his needs and serves so well by his side. She is such an example to us!! It's such a marvellous blessing to be serving here and now. May the Lord bless you all as you serve in your callings too.
I am putting on an Organ Piano Recital for Missionary work on March 20th here. It will be a Sunday night Fireside. I hope I will be blessed to play well so that the Spirit can teach and bear witness to those attending that they may feel something special as they have an experience with the Spirit of the Holy Ghost. Our hope is that everyone will bring a friend or two.... or three. Please remember me in your prayers so that I will be able to play well with the help of the Lord.
We love you and think of you often. We miss you but are so happy and busy here. Till next time.
2 comments:
Glenda I wish I could be there to hear you play. I know you will be amazing but I will pray for you none the less. Love hearing about your successes and seeing your pictures. Hugs to the both of you. xo Sheryl
Hi Glenda, Neil sent the way of your blog - your pictures and stories are amazing!! So glad you have been so blessed to serve the Lord this way.
I'll try and check up on you two often
Belinda xoxox
Post a Comment