Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Two More Days of Travel

This is near Sonora, Texas. We stayed there Sunday night. I thought the clouds were interesting lined up in rows.

The vegetation changed completely as we drove in the dark for an hour or so.
Now we are into the trees that go on forever.

The colors in the trees are beautiful here!

Finally we got to an overpass so we could get some view of the land.

Showing more trees.

We have now arrived at Gerald & Marilyn's Mission.
Too bad that their visas haven't come yet.
She's had hers for at least two weeks. Where is Gerald's?

I saw the sign but not much in the way of houses because of the trees.
San Antonio, Texas

Do they even know what an igloo is?
You could probably build a quincy at home by now!!!
Sorry about your weather!
I can't see one igloo around here!!!

Ah, Texas!!! They are interesting people when it comes to their state.
One sign on the road trying to keep the slower traffic to the right said,
"Don't slow Texas down".
Another sign about littering said,
"Don't Mess With Texas"
I thought it was kind of cute.

I took this picture for Jean. "Do you want to drive here?"
The road structures are amazing in some of these big pictures. Of course, I couldn't get pictures of the best ones.

We stopped for gas here and I saw those signs.
Here we are, going to a fruit stand at the end of November.
It just reminded me of Summerland.

Can you believe the factories? They are huge!!
How does someone design all of that?
Neil thinks this is what Wayne Eng does. WOW!!!

There are lots of bridges like this one. You think you're going to get a good view but the concrete guards rails are too high to see much of anything.

Our first glimpse of the Gulf of Mexico and some small boats.

I wouldn't have thought to see this down here.
It would be black ice I'm sure. This sign is on every bridge.

Here we are at the end of Texas. Can you believe it? I'll never complain about driving through Montana again. 880 MILES!!!!!

Hello Louisiana!!! Glad to be here.

More bridges but this is over a huge swamp area.

These are some of the pictures we took.

Coming down the other side of the bridge.
There are NO U-turns here.

I was eating the grapes we bought at the fruit stand. Don't they look good?
THEY WERE GOOD!! (big too, eh)

The vegetation changes as we go. Here the really tall trees have vines and things growing up and down their trunks. It's kind of hard to see but it's there.

Beautiful grasses!

The trees line the sides of the roads everywhere.
Sometimes we can't see the other lane of traffic for the trees between them.

Okay, I got carried away with the sky shots but I LOVE them!!!
For some of them I just put the camera out of the window and took a shot unseen.
They turned out quite good.

The sun through the trees.

Isn't is beautiful?
"The big yellow one's the sun."

I love this picture!!
When I bring the camera in to look at the picture you can imagine my delight!!


So pretty!!!

Some of these next pictures are for Jordan or anyone else who's interested in seeing as many different license plates as you can.
Last summer it was Jordan and I that were working on this together.
Have you seen Mississippi?

I love the design of the S's in this. It's on the license plates too.


I took this because of the Psalms 51. Better go read it to get the message.


I know we've seen Texas but they have two different plates.
This one is the more colorful of the two.

Another water tank showing we're in Biloxi, Mississippi.
We've seen millions of these water tanks down here.

I think the semi trucks use this kind of a plate.
I'm only seeing them on semi's..... and it does say semi!

We are on a bridge just like this one. I'm taking a picture of the other one.

Welcome to Alabama!



We're off to buy a franchise.

What beautiful big buildings in Mobile Alabama.
I love the architecture!

Down in the tunnel under Mobile.

I didn't think we'd ever make it!!
Glad to be in Florida.
We still have a ways to go.

More of the Gulf of Mexico

Some little homes or resorts along the coast.

I love the clouds!

This is for Jeff and Emily!!

More beauty.

This is to show you that there are hills in Florida.

I took this for Breck and Valerie England. (Dad's first missionary companion)
He came to Ardie's party.

The sun is beginning to set.

Road lined with trees.

The first color in the clouds. It's so pretty.

Isn't that beautiful?

I was lucky to get this shot.
There are so many trucks on the roads down here that keep getting in my way.

I don't think I've ever seen such an orange sky.

Note the palm trees. This is just gorgeous!!

Today we will reach Tampa. I hope we're ready for what is ahead of us. Now we must DO what we learned to do at the MTC. I'll write more about the MTC a little later. Dad is anxious to get going and I'm in my PJ's still. I've eaten breakfast though. Are you proud of me? Love you all.

2 comments:

Emily said...

That was such a great post!! The scenery is beautiful! And some of those sky shots with the sun rays coming out of the clouds are gorgeous! Glad you're there (i assume). Hope you're enjoying a REAL american thanksgiving dinner today!!! Loved the Palmer truck. :) It's fun that you got to travel through all those southern states, I'd love to do a huge road trip one day and see more of the states (and the world). So many pretty things! Can't wait to hear more about the MTC and more about you guys getting settled in! Love you!

Anonymous said...

Holy crow! I think I counted 60 pictures in that post. I tried posting once on the Draper Family blog. I wanted to post 2 pictures. After a half hour I still didn't have it done, and gave up. I can't imagine how much time it would take for me to post 60 pictures.